An Environmental Forum will be held in Kyiv on May 14 to discuss the most relevant environmental issues for Ukraine.
In particular, the event will address the reduction of household waste, eco-fashion, water problems, eco-trends in housing and transport, climate change and the green Agenda 2030.
According to the organizer of the United Nations Forum in Ukraine, the event will be attended by 35 speakers including: ambassadors, representatives of the UN, international and Ukrainian organizations, eco-activists, bloggers, representatives of the Ministries, socially responsible business, active citizens. A total of 6 panel discussions are planned.
Also at the Forum will be a presentation of an exhibition of paintings by artist Olga Kondratskaya on the topic of water resources.
PROGRAM OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL FORUM:
14.00 – 14.30 Coffee break
14:30 – 14:45 – Opening of the event, Osnat Lubrani, UN System Coordinator in Ukraine
14.45 – 15.30 Panel discussion # 1. Zero Household Waste for Ukraine – Reality?
– Martin Hagstrom, Ambassador of Sweden to Ukraine
– Marcus Brand, Advisor on Democratic Governance, UNDP
– Evgeniya Aratovskaya, founder of the project “Ukraine without trash”
– Yuri Ito, a Japanese national, project assistant at the United Nations Office of Project Services
– Maryana Boyko – the first Ukrainian eco-blogger, the author of the experiment “100 days without polyethylene”
– Sergiy Volkov – Chairman of Second Life NGO and Eco School NGO, ISWA Member, Community Leader
15.35 – 16.20 Panel discussion # 2. The value of water. Every drop counts.
– Representative of socially responsible business [to be specified] – Vladimir Belokin representative of the reform team of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine
– Kateryna Chumak, NGO, Executive Director, Water Movement of Kyiv Region
– Olga Kondratska, an artist on the subject of water resources
– Olena Marushevskaya – PR-manager of EU / UNDP project “Improvement of ecological monitoring of the Black Sea – selected measures”
16:20 – 16:35 – Coffee break
16:35 – 17:20 Discussion Panel # 3 – Eco Fashion
– Marianna Boyko is the first Ukrainian eco-blogger
– Yana Chervinskaya, fashion designer, founder of Sustainable Fashion Pad.
– Darina Antonenko, founder of the Re: Ban project
– Pavel Vyshebaba – vegan, musician, eco-activist, head of NGO “One Planet”, UNDP tolerance envoy
– Maria Sorokina, founder of Re-jewelry brand
– Anna Uvarova, founder of the Lasky thrift store
17:25 – 18:10 Panel # 4 – Eco-Trends in Housing and Transportation
Maxim Zalewski, representative of Eco Village
– Representative of the Ministry of Infrastructure
– Anastasia Makarenko, Executive Director of the Association of Kyiv Cyclists Association
– Sergey Velchev, an expert in electric transport
– Alexander Kucheryavy, architect, President of the Alliance of the Active House of Ukraine
– Irina Stavchuk, Executive Director of Ecodynia NGO
18:10 – 18:25 – Coffee break
18:25 – 19:10 Discussion Panel # 5 – How to Feed the Planet in Climate Change? Global impact of sea level rise.
– Hushnid Sattarov – FAO Program Coordinator in Ukraine
– Anastasia Le Haque, owner of Natur Boutique (organic food shop), owner of Maison Blanche eco-hotel chain
– Anna Ackerman, Head of Climate at NGO Ecodya
– Natalia Kushko, UNDP Climate Expert.
– Mykhailo Romashchenko, Director of the Institute of Hydrotechnics and Land Reclamation of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences.
19:15 – 20:00 Discussion panel # 6 – Green Agenda 2030
– Alexei Ryabchin – MP
– Natalia Trofimova, representative of the Ministry of Ecology
– Tatiana Kukharenko, Program Manager of IRF Environmental Initiatives
– Elena Gladskaya, Ezotovna
– Marina Saprykina, CSR EBA / ACC